16 January 2011

Day 16 Endorphins where are you?

Felt very tired this morning and my right leg felt stiff around the knee. Really didn't want to head out but thought if I had more than 2 rests days between run days I would lose all momentum. On reflection, I left it a bit late and should have had a bite to eat first but could tell it was going to be a really hot day and just wanted "to get it over with" before it heated up. Great attitude eh?! Did some leg stretches half way through the loop just to be careful. I had that "what the hell am I doing this for" conversation playing in my head so I switched to noticing the stunningly beautiful Canterbury summer day I was running/walking through. That helped a lot.

Had a berry smoothie on return. I always look forward to that - however, not good on a really empty stomach after running. Ended up feeling queasy and yuck.

So there you go. Another running experience for Judy. Learning more about my body as I go. Wondering when I'll get to feel those "happy endorphins" that make running a joy. Is this a myth? I am so far from that point now!!

Judy Thoughts: Nothing today....think I'll go lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment