11 March 2011

Day 68-70 Breakthrough! 10 minutes non-stop!

Yesterday I headed out feeling a need to breathe deeply - release some of this pent up earthquake "living on the edge - every moment on high alert" stress. I did the usual 10 minute brisk warm-up walk. Then I started running with the thought that I'd go further than ever before - all the way to Bridge Street. Once there I was feeling ok so just carried on till I hit the 10 minute mark! I concentrated on my breath and relaxing. When my breath became a struggle I could feel myself tensing up with the effort so I consciously relaxed my shoulders, chest and arms and the air was able to flow into my lungs deeply. Feeling pretty proud of myself!!

Judy's Thoughts: I feel like I have broken through a barrier - both physical and mental.  I can actually see myself running non-stop for 30 minutes now. After all, it is only doing what I did 2 more times!

No comments:

Post a Comment