11 February 2011

Day 40 - 42 Run beteween the rests

Day 41 was a run day. Headed out about 5pm after a busy day. Took a different route than my usual loop. South on the beach from the S. Brighton Surf Life Saving Club and back on the inside of the dunes which had lots more ups and downs than I'm used to. Probably time to introduce a bit of incline into the mix.

I'm really struggling with this. Physically, I feel strong (legs and heart) but my lungs still seem to have a low capacity to carry me forward for any length of time. Also a muscle on my inner left knee gets stiff and causes some pain. It makes me nervous. I really don't want to hurt myself and don't know if I am being overly cautious. I stopped to stretch and then do some Qigong joint/energy loosening up about mid-way. Carried on at a slower pace. I always enjoy doing some good stretching afterwards and I also stretched several times today on a rest day - but knee still sore if I sit still for too long. Time for a massage perhaps?

Judy's Thoughts: Remind me why I started out on this journey?! Can I revert to being a good strong walker without losing too much face? But then I'd never know if I could also be a runnner. So I will persevere.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about being fun. I think there are some fun times eventually but it is more hard slog to build strength and stamina. It would probably be more fun with a friend at the same skill and fitness level. And also fun when you're up to doing some group fun-run or something.
    But, of course you will persevere. You are Judy after all. Keep it up and mind how you go.

    ReplyDelete