02 February 2011

Day 33 Zumba dance class


Just back from a Zumba dance class and sipping on a delish berry smoothie. If you've never been, Zumba is a highly aerobic 1 hour dance workout to Latin rhythms and sort of easy-to-follow routines. The adverts say "Ditch the workout. Join the party!"  And it is good fun. I laugh about as much as I sweat (lots!) As the instructor says, if you lose it during a routine just keep grooving! It doesn't really matter what you do as long as you move your body!

Anyway, I'm left wondering if this counts as a run or a rest day. It was pretty full on for an hour so I'll clock it in as a run day. So tomorrow - yoga? The interesting thing I notice is that I have recovered more quickly today than I did when I started going to Zumba the month before Christmas. Seems that the running efforts have crossed over to dance classes - as I would expect.

Judy Thoughts: General fitness is improving which is gratifying given the time and effort put in to this venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment