19 April 2011

Day 105-110 Running and chatting... this is getting easier!

I've had a couple of runs with Bruce since my last lone run. I really do enjoy having my mate alongside me - and up to now we have had a catch-up while we walk to warm up and then there is simply the comfortable sound of his feet hitting the ground alongside me with an occassional comment from him. However, I noticed that with these last runs I am actually chatting to Bruce from time to time - and THAT took me by surprise!! Up until now, there was no way I would waste my breath on talking!! In fact, I don't think I COULD have talked beyond a few gasps of things like ... 10 minutes now! ...  20 minutes! Yeah!! Pant, pant...  However, this development shows me that I've reached a new comfortable level with my lung capacity.

Oh yes, I had a root canal done yesterday. Oh, joy. I was knocked flat for the rest of the day. However, today I was out there running the circuit. Makes me think I have some resilience stored up to help me bounce back from a physical trauma like an hour and a half in the dentist chair!

Judy's Thoughts: This is getting easier! What a journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment