03 June 2011

Day 154-155 Last training run in under 40 minutes!! Yippee!!

What an exciting day it was!! I created a new 5km run route and I ran it in 39:52  I'd been working towards getting under 40 minutes for the last few runs and just missing out each time. So when I was at 4 km and saw 32 minutes on my watch I knew it was possible if I just put my head up and went for it. I ran fast and steadily to the last corner. When I saw 39 on my watch I really went for it and screamed through the gate in 39:52, lungs bursting and a big smile on my face! Just snuck in!! Was so happy. I can tick that off now as another goal achieved.

The new run circuit includes my usual sand dune ups and downs so I'm pleased I've kept that extra challenge in place. Then, since the Estuary Walkway is now closed for construction, I ran on the roads before linking up with the Avon River again. So I may have gained my time there with the smoother surface. The Walkway had been getting more and more tricky for me. I'd slow down to run carefully over the sandbagging and rough rocky infill that was being used to build up the subsiding water's edge and hold back the next full moon king tide.

So, I have one more sleep before I run the final leg of my saga.  And for now, some preparations to do so I can be clear and relaxed for tomorrow. I intend to thoroughly enjoy my day!

Judy Thoughts: How did all this come about?! A simple thought becomes a clearly stated goal which, step by step, becomes reality. What seemed impossible has become possible. And it seems like a bloody miracle! Well, I'm ready and open for more miracles now!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment